Built by Myer Levi in 1888 for his retail business, it later included the Levi Bank. The third floor was
added in 1900.
Today it serves as the home to Isothermal Planning and Development Commission, a regional council serving Cleveland, Rutherford, Polk and Mcdowell Counties. The Commission houses the region's Area Agency on Aging, Workforce Development programs, housing programs and also provides planning and technical services.